Watch the gameplay video above
GoVenture World is a global business game where players run virtual businesses while competing and collaborating with others around the world.
Players can choose to start manufacturing or retail businesses. They can choose to be lawyers, protecting intellectual property and mediating disputes. They can be marketers, helping companies promote their products and services. And, they can be investors, providing debt and equity financing to other businesses, or trading stocks and bonds on the security markets.
GoVenture World is a massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG) that is is purely business focused ... and it’s REAL.
Unlike other business games, GoVenture World is a live role-playing experience that becomes integrated into your daily life — almost in an augmented reality way. Not through fancy goggles, headgear, and 3D worlds, but through everyday technology devices, like smartphones, tablets, and computers.
In GoVenture World, the business may be virtual,
but the experience is real.
When you play GoVenture World, you think like a real entrepreneur. You make decisions like a real entrepreneur. You interact with other players like real business people do. And the economics and markets to behave just as they would in the real world.
The experience is so real, so authentic, that you can add your in-game achievements to your real resume to help you get a job, or further your career, or launch your own startup.
Get Started! Just start playing and the game will reveal itself to you as you go. It’s free!
GoVenture World is a product of MediaSpark
Contact us for sponsorship opportunities or to explore licensing a private version of GoVenture World for your students or employees.
GoVenture World is designed for everyone: teenagers and adults, gamers and non-gamers, people with plenty of free time and those without. The interface is designed to be very easy to use and playable on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices for maximum convenience.
GoVenture World is ideal for:
• People interested in business and economics and gaining authentic entrepreneurship and financial literacy skills.
• Casual gamers who are looking for a more fulfilling and meaningful experience than they are getting from current action, puzzle, and sim games.
• Social gamers who are looking for a deeper collaborative, competitive, and long-term experience than they are getting from current games that are more shallow in their social interaction.
• Hardcore gamers interested in an ongoing epic experience that does not require many hours of game play each week just to keep up with friends and competitors.
• Educators seeking an engaging and realistic training tool that delivers real-time and authentic performance evaluation.
GoVenture World introduces new patent-pending innovations and leverages the success of popular game mechanics. By uniquely combining proven gameplay with new innovations, GoVenture World provides an experience that:
• Is economics, business, and money focused, where such subjects and related activities have primarily only been treated in kids worlds, or as subsets of larger fantasy or combat-based worlds, or as smaller and less-collaborative simulations.
• Is accessible on common desktop and mobile devices.
• Continues to engage over a long period of time.
• Is always evolving whether players are logged in or not.
• Does not require a high commitment of dedicated play time to keep up.
• Becomes integrated into daily life through micro-interactions rather than require hours of dedicated focus.
• Is deeply social in its collaboration and competition.
• Integrates all players into the same world.
• Includes on-demand, in-game minicourses.
• Includes minigames that directly contribute to the success of the overall game.
• Delivers authentic experience that helps people succeed in career and life.
• An attractive tool for educators and trainers with real-time performance evaluation.
• Perhaps the only game people will consider including on their resumes as part of their education and experience.
• Platform can be licensed by organizations wishing to host their own private worlds.
More than a game, GoVenture World represents what MediaSpark believes to be a revolutionary approach to how learning will be delivered in the future:
• live role playing
• supplemented with micro-learning opportunities
• integrated into daily life
• authentic, real-time performance evaluation and rewards.
“The world is virtual
but the experience is real.”
GoVenture World may be the only game you might ever consider including on your resume (unless you are looking for a job in the gaming industry that is). GoVenture World provides you with real experience in a virtual world. This experience truly sets you apart from others who have never run a real or virtual business. Consider including text similar to this on your personal resume:
Successful business people suggest that nothing beats experience. Rather than wait for the day where I might be able to start or contribute to a real business, I joined GoVenture World, a global business simulation where I run a virtual business while competing and collaborating with others around the world. It’s realistic and authentic learning. The entrepreneurial skills and experience I’m gaining in GoVenture World are truly preparing me for career and life success.
• Who is GoVenture World designed for? view
• How is GoVenture World different than other education-focused MMOGs? view
• Is GoVenture World expected to compete with World of Warcraft, Second Life, and other such virtual worlds? view
• Does GoVenture World use an immersive-3D environment? view
• Why does MediaSpark believe GoVenture World has the potential to be the biggest innovation in the history of entrepreneurship education? view
• Why does MediaSpark believe players should put their GoVenture World experience on their personal resumes? view
• What technologies are used to build GoVenture World? view